Tuesday, May 15, 2012

She Calls Me Mommy

Mother's Day was a day I had always dreamed of being able to celebrate with a child of my own. I remember the very first Mother's Day following the loss of our first baby. It was emotional, and it hurt. This past Sunday, I couldn't help but to think of all of those women out there who hurt on Mother's Day whether it is infertility, miscarriage, the death of a child, or gave a child up for adoption. I am so incredibly overwhelmed with thankfulness for being able to celebrate Mother's Day with a happy and healthy 2 year old baby girl of my own. I don't deserve such a gift, but I thank God every day for trusting me with her.

My very first moment of being a mom.
The first time I got to hold her after recovery
 This Mother's Day was extra special because my mom was in town. My brother in law treated us all to brunch at the Texas Tech Club. We had our own private room which made it even more relaxing knowing we wouldn't have to constantly regulate the noise level of our kids!
 Amy and I with our kids and our mom
 Me and Harper


 Harper was VERY excited about the field!
 Sweet SJ

 My sweet family complete with Harper making a crazy face
 Me, mom, and Amy
 Harper and Grammy
 Grammy with her two youngest grand babies

After brunch, we hung out for a little while then I took advantage of the day to take a LONG nap! It was such a great day!

I am so thankful she calls me Mommy!

No comments: