Saturday, February 25, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

I used to loathe Valentine's Day. I remember my freshman year in college, we all wore black that day. It wasn't that we were all single. I actually had a Valentine's date with a guy who drove me to Dallas that afternoon (from Abilene), took me to the Cheesecake Factory, and then to a Dallas Stars game. I mean, that was pretty romantic for a Valentine's date...let alone a FIRST date.

Anyway, now that I have a daughter, I will find any excuse to dress her up. Valentine's Day is no exception.

This picture was from the day before Valentine's Day. With my job, comes the opportunity to meet new people on a daily basis and love on their kids. I definitely have my favorites. Don't tell anyone. Well, one of the moms also has a daughter named Harper, and I LOVE that little girl. Seriously. She may be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. It also doesn't hurt that she looks SO much like my niece Sarah Jane. Her mom made my Harper this shirt for Valentine's Day. So sweet!

Thanks to Pinterest, I have a million projects running through my head all of the time. Since Harper is in school, I had an excuse for a project! I LOVE how her Valentine's cards turned out. So freakin' cute.
Harper had a special Valentine's Day chapel and party at her school. Each class got on stage and "sang" a song. Why is it in quotes? Because her class just sat there and stared into the audience wondering why in the heck all of these crazy people were smiling and laughing at them.

Next came the party with lots of yummy food. Isn't Harper's shirt awesome?! Her GG (my friend Gerianne) made it.
Harper obviously was excited about taking a picture with me. Stinker.

Michael and I never really buy each other gifts for any holidays. I hate getting flowers because I see it as a waste of money, and he's a guy....so he's probably relieved I'm not big on gifts! We would much rather just spoil our girl. :)

Oh, and a fun fact...Michael and I never celebrated a Valentine's Day together until we were married. :) We went on our first date March 17, 2006, got engaged July 3, 2006, and married December 23, 2006.

How was your Valentine's Day?

No comments: