Friday, October 28, 2011

My Baby Girl is TWO!

I still can't believe it's been TWO years since I first held my baby girl. What an incredibly surreal moment that I will never ever forget.

We had such a fun day today. We started it off by going to the Silly Science Carnival at the Science Spectrum.
Hiding in a tree
Those are some silly anchors!


After the Science Spectrum, we went to lunch with Amy and SJ and home for a nap while I did laundry.

We played for a while in her room when she woke up. (Thank you for the outfit, Grammy!)
She rode her Barbie trike outside for a while.
When Daddy got off work, we went to the Ranching Heritage Center for some trick or treating. There was a sweet lady who just came into the states from Japan. She was obsessed with Harper and kept taking her picture. So funny!

Michael kept telling Harper she had to take a picture in the hay because "that's what she's made of."

Candy!
Just cute.
Have you ever seen a scarecrow ride a bull? No? Well, you're welcome.
We went to Texas Roadhouse for Harper's birthday dinner. Since she doesn't really have an opinion, we went to our favorite place. :)

Working hard on her picture
Steak with A-1. That's my girl!
She was being SO silly on the way home. Man, I love this kid.
Harper,
You are one of the silliest little girls I have ever met. You love Barbie, Mickey Mouse, Olivia, and Elmo. You love to color on anything and everything (unfortunately). You are still pretty picky about what you eat, but you will eat almost anything if you have "dip dip." You love school and don't even care to tell me bye when I drop you off. It's bittersweet. Your best friend is Ju Ju (Juliana), and you talk about her all throughout the day. She calls you her baby sister. You are obsessed with shoes, and you frequently try to take your clothes off in public. Please don't continue to do this when you're 18. That's not an appropriate way to earn money.
You wear mostly 24 month or 2T clothes, size 5 shoe, size 4 diapers, and you weigh about 22 pounds. You talk SO much, and we are starting to understand you a lot more. Some of my favorite things you say are I love you, Yessssss, and Amen (when singing If You're Happy and you Know it).
You have blessed my life way more than you will ever know. You are the answer to so many prayers. I love you baby girl!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from SUYL!

It looks like your daughter had a blast today!

Sarah said...

She is the cutest scarecrow EVER! :)

Unknown said...

She is so cute! What a wonderful costume!

I would love for you to link this post to the costume section of my Halloween Traditions link up!