Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11: We Will Never Forget

I was a sophomore in college at ACU. I remember being dismissed from my 8:00 Environmental Science class early and expected the campus center to be pretty empty. I remember walking in and thinking it was really weird that so many people were watching the news on the TVs. I stopped to check out what the big deal was just as the plane flew into the second tower. We all just stood in shock and horror. We were all so confused and didn't really know what was going on. Chapel that day was spent in prayer for our country, our friends, our family, our neighbors, our president....I remember at multiple points throughout the day being so scared, crying, and sitting in my dorm room with my roommate, Tara, glued to the news on the TV. I will NEVER forget that day and the people who selflessly died out of innocence and courage. I pray their sacrifice will always remain such an important part of history.

There's a park in Lubbock that puts up flags as an American tribute to the 9/11 victims. I pray Harper will grow up knowing our stories from this day ten years ago.




Flashback to 2010
Michael was stationed at Travis AFB on 9/11/2011. His grandfather died two days later and had to take a bus from California to Texas since all flights were grounded. A couple of months later, he was deployed. I love that Michael will be able to tell Harper these stories. She'll be even more proud to call him her daddy.

Flashback!
To all of the victims, their families, their friends, the first responders, and the military...I thank you from the bottom of my heart. We will never forget.

No comments: