Monday, June 27, 2011

Reunited, and it Feels So Good....

I have been waiting for this day for THREE years! I'll expand on that later.

I took Max to the vet to get his annual shots. He sheds excessively when he's nervous, so his hair was falling out in chunks. Ridiculous. He was surprisingly more patient than he usually is. We got to see our favorite vet, Dr. Shelli!


When I was checking out at the counter, a middle-aged man came in. The vet tech came out and set a collar on the counter by him. The man said, "Did you take him already?" She said, "Yes," and the man broke into tears. He mentioned he had a blanket to use in the back of the car, and it clicked. He just had to put his best friend down. I couldn't help hold back my tears. I wanted to give him a hug but didn't want to be the creepy mccreeperson in the waiting room. It was horrible! It probably didn't help I watched Marley and Me last night! I dread the day when we have to say bye to Max. He's my first baby!

Now onto the day I have been waiting THREE long years for....

My babies are back in Lubbock! Charlie was 2 1/2 when my sister and her little family packed up and moved to Virginia. Today, Amy, Harper, and Mom met Amy's SIL Kristy halfway in Abilene to pick up Charlie and Sarah Jane. I went over to Amy's right after work to kiss their faces off. Sarah Jane was exhausted, so she didn't like me very much, but she was precious nonetheless!

Harper trying on everyone's shoes
Cubby Cubbers!
Oh, I waited so long to squeeze those cheeks!

Charlie and Harper LOVE each other. He was tickling her, and she was laughing SO hard.
Me with my sweet babies. These girls are going to be best friends!
I am so very thankful they are back in Lubbock! My mom is also here visiting, so I get to go to work alone and get there on time! Win-Win!

No comments: