Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Playing with Cousins

Just in case you sit and wonder to yourself....hmmm....how is Harper with her mom all the time, AND she works? I mean, I know you have nothing better to do than think about me. Well, to answer your never ending thoughts.... I am a manager of the Kids Club (childcare) in our newest location in Lubbock. I usually work 8-12 Monday through Friday and 3-6 Monday through Wednesday. Harper is able to come with me to work and play while I (along with my staff) babysit kids while their parents work out. It is the perfect job for my family right now. I don't know if I will ever go back to teaching, but for now, I am content with Harper being with me and not in daycare.

Anyway, the point of all of that...my mom is in town visiting so Harper has been staying with her. My mom takes her over to my sister's house, and Harper gets to play with her cousins all day!

There was mandatory bath time after how dirty they were from playing outside.
Oh, Sarah Jane...she is SO cute and cubbers!
Harper got in a few rounds of "Ring around the Rosie" with Grammy.

Harper got a hold of my phone and apparently thought she needed a picture of our feet.
So now Harper is completely exhausted and refuses to go to sleep without screaming. I'm not so sure how I feel about the "cry it out" method. It doesn't work for us very well. I know a lot of you out there feel very strongly for or against it. I welcome your opinions! While we are at it, I would like your opinions on::
1. Sleep training
2. Breastfeeding versus formula
3. When to take the bottle away
4. When to take the pacifier away
5. When and how to potty train
6. Discipline
and/or any other issue you want to have an opinion on!

1 comment:

Resa said...

Hey Melody -

I stumbled across your blog and thought I would share a couple of thoughts.

- Sleep training: I used the Sleep Sense Program with both my girls and it has worked well. It isn't a totally cry it out method. I have the PDF if you want to email me I'll send it to you. It is an easy read.

- Potty Training. I'm just now tackling this with Carli (2.5 years old) but we started off with the Three Day Potty Training Method. The website is 3DayPottyTraining.com - if you have three days, it works. I had only two and we got off to a good start. I can't complain.

- Paci's: We are weaning both our girls slowly. We'll take Carli's completely away at 3. Ava just turned one and we are only letting her have it at bedtime, naptime, the car and in church. When Carli turned two, we took away the paci in the car (we were in the car a lot). Once she got over that (it took a week), we took away the paci at church. She only gets it at bedtime and we have been talking to her that 3 year olds don't have pacis! Wish us luck in Oct! :)

Anyway - I should be working but thought I'd share!