Sunday, June 12, 2011

Julie's Wedding Weekend!

Last weekend, Harper and I headed to Abilene for one of my best friends' weddings. We had SUCH a great time and loved seeing so many people we love! The weekend was jam packed so there wasn't much time for resting. We sure did have fun, though!
I realize this is picture overload, but I didn't want to leave anything out!

Friday: Party at T & P
Harper was lovin' the Tejano music.
Both Harper and Ryder (my friend Kendall's son) danced their hearts out.

After the party, we went to Kendall's to put the babies down. Her sweet husband, Justin, offered to hang out at the house while they slept so all of us girls could be together. We spent a couple of hours at Abilene Country Club then made a late night run to What-a-burger.

Saturday morning: Breakfast at Julie's sweet Grandmother's house

We spend many hours at this house throughout our 4 years of college. She is the sweetest 93 year old you will EVER meet, I promise you that. Thank you, Gaynell, for opening your home to us (and for the awesome breakfast!).

Kendall, Me, Jennifer, Rachel, Julie
Saturday Afternoon: Fun in the Sun!

Harper and I stayed at Kendall's house (thanks again!), and she LOVED getting to play with Ryder. It made me laugh to hear both of them point to the other and say "baby." Ryder is 5 months younger than Harper but has her beat in the growth department.





We were hoping to wear them out enough for them to take a late nap since the wedding didn't start until 7:30. Ryder passed out pretty quickly, but Harper...oh, Harper...she screamed for over an hour. Lovely. She did NOT take a late nap. I was REALLY looking forward to her behavior that evening.
Saturday Evening: The wedding!

The wedding was at The Grace Museum in downtown Abilene. I absolutely LOVE this building. The ceremony took place in the courtyard and reception was in the ball room.

Since it was a million degrees outside, they had cute little jars of lemonade for the ceremony. I think that was Harper's favorite part. (I know you don't usually take strollers to weddings, but after the lack of sleep this girl had...I was NOT taking any chances!)
Jen and I passing time until the ceremony started. We were roommates during our last 2 years of college. Love her.

All of us best friends sat in the back row only because it was in the shade. I'm glad we did though because we were a ridiculous bunch of cry babies. We couldn't help it!

Julie with her sweet daddy
That was quick (praise Jesus...no offense Jules. It was freakin hot!)!

Mr. and Mrs. Josh Panger
Katey (she was able to come from Nashville!), Me, Kendall, Julie, Rachel, Jen
Again with the pictures...
Jen felt sorry for Harper in the stroller so she picked her up to hold her. Harper's diaper was a bit full (as in pee all over her dress resulting in a wardrobe change), and Jen went into panic mode. Jen doesn't want kids...but she sure is a great aunt! ;) This picture makes me laugh.
We had a great time at the reception and stayed until about 11pm when we sent them away with sparklers. They were off to Jamaica!
Harper finally passed out close to 10pm. Poor baby. She was SO good the whole night.
Sunday: Headed home

Harper and I slept in a little, packed up, and met Jen at Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast before we headed back to Lubbock.

Harper passed out for most of the 2.5 hour ride home.
I am so very blessed to have this group of friends. We have been through a lot together, and I'm so thankful we still keep in touch. I never realize how much I miss them until I leave. We MUST get together again very soon.

Julie, I am so happy for you. I love you so much and excited to see what God has in store for you and Josh down the road. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful, and I thank you for letting me be a part of it.

2 comments:

Grammy Forest said...

I'm so glad you shared more pics than what were on Facebook. I was really wanting to see more of them. You girls are so wonderful and I'm so happy everyone has such a fantastic life. Jordyn was precious as always, and so much fun to see her and Ryder together. Love you!

Julie said...

Love it! And, yes, we must get together more often! I had so much fun with the BFMF group - especially at breakfast on Saturday morning. It meant so much to me that each of you was there! My gosh, when I think about what we've been through together... love y'all so much!

Thanks for the post, Mel! Love you!