Friday, May 27, 2011

Just one more thing to add

After my blog post last night, I woke up to emails, texts, and FB messages of encouragement and support. You don't know how much that means to me. My pain level was especially high when I woke up, so I built up the courage to call my doctor back. I spoke to the nurse and asked me if the doctor mentioned anything else besides fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis in the voice mail. Crap. I said he hadn't then she proceeded to tell me my lab results also showed a very high level of uric acid which is an indication of gout.

I never really knew what gout was. It just sounded gross to me. So when she said this, I was completely horrified. Obviously, after reading about it, it was less horrifying and started to make some sense. Michael went by my doctor's office and picked up some samples of medication to try and see if it helps. He also included a list of purine-rich foods to avoid. I'm pretty sure I will be okay with avoiding liver, brain, and sardines...to name a few. I will, however, have a hard time cutting out cokes.

She is the reason I'm having such a hard time with all of this. She deserves so much more than I can give her physically right now. I just pray this medicine starts to work!

Going potty this morning. I guess it was too early to go alone without the paci and blankey.

No comments: