Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What do you feed your toddlers?

I have been having a REALLY hard time finding foods Harper will actually eat. Seriously! This. Kid. I have to give her carnation instant breakfast twice a day with her whole milk, just so I know she is getting SOME kind of nutrients. Have any of you been through this too? I ask her pediatrician every time I take her in, but he doesn't really seem concerned. Maybe it's just a phase, but it's SO frustrating!

These pictures don't have anything to do with my rant above but cute, nonetheless.

The other day at work, a kid left his water on the table, and Harper took it upon herself to drench herself. I took off her dress and threw it in the dryer. Harper was trying REALLY hard to get completely naked. At one point, she had her bloomers around her ankles and diaper almost off.
She didn't care about the multiple other kids in the room. If this persists after 10 years, I'll start to worry.
Hopefully one day she won't think stripping is fun.
She fed herself some Oreos.
She looks WAY too big here! This was this morning watching the Sesame Street episode with "Socks in the City." I really hope they weren't doing a play on words.
Harper got her new car seat in the mail that we won from Recaro! This. Car seat. Is. AWESOME.
After a failed attempt to get her to eat some pasta stars with turkey, she finally ate some spaghetti and meatballs. I was trying to avoid a bath tonight. No such luck.
On a totally unrelated note, I am so (selfishly) thankful my child loves to sleep. She naps well and sleeps well. Tonight she went to bed around 6:30 and will probably sleep until at least 7 which is when I get up for work. On the mornings I don't have to work, I will keep her up a little later the night before. It's fabulous.

5 comments:

Amy said...

At that age Toby lived on black olive slices and turkey cubes (like the kind on salad bars) sometimes I could get him to eat Mac and cheese with mixed veggies in it

Marv Loucks said...

At this age we let him eat whatever we couldget him too. But he also had to drink carnation twice a day. He still probably should. It's normal for toddlers to be picky.

Jamie said...

oh that harper cracks me up!!! i love the cookbook deceptively delicious by jessica seinfeld! k loves everything in there (and actually, so do we! :)

Ashley said...

Have you met Carley? She has NEVER been in that stage!

April L. said...

Riley loved those gross chicken sticks (like vienna sausages), gerber pasta, gerber carrot cubes, hummus and crackers, cheese, gerber dried and jarred fruit. She actually ate a much larger variety of foods than she does now.