Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas at Grammy's

We left Lubbock Christmas morning and headed to my mom's house in La Grange for our semiannual week vacation together. I am so thankful for my family and even more thankful that we all find it so important to spend this quality time together.

On Monday, the 26th, Amy drove in her from in-laws house in Arlington and Misti and her kids drove in from Bastrop after picking up April and Riley from the airport who flew in from Atlanta. Our Christmas Camp officially began! We all opened presents so the kids would have stuff to play with in hopes they would calm down and quit running all through the house. Our plan worked for a little bit. :) Harper's favorite presents were the Barbie convertible car and doll from her cousin Jordyn.
Riley was SUPER excited about her doll!
Charlie with his truck from Harper and Landon with his early birthday present from us.
Jordyn


On Tuesday, we ate at a little pizza place in town then went to White Rock Park to run some energy out of the kids. I was completely ready to swing out on the rope above the bacteria infested waters on a $50 dare, but my husband wouldn't let me. So lame.

So precious.

On Thursday, we went up to Monument Hill State Park to play and hike. I hadn't been there in about 5 1/2 years. It always makes me wish I lived back in central Texas. The view is amazing, and I have so many memories from this park.

This is how Sassypants hiked the whole way...with her hands on her hips. She certainly didn't learn this from me.
Best friends
Each holiday with my dad does get easier, but it doesn't make me miss him any less. I miss his sweet personal Christmas cards to each of his daughters complete with his horrible handwriting I could barely decipher.

1 comment:

~she~ said...

Lovely pics! I especially love the height-based photo!