Friday, July 8, 2011

Definitely ready for the weekend!

Yesterday got away from me before I could make it over here. Yesterday afternoon, Charlie and I had a pretzel date at Target. I had to pick up a few things for vacation this next week, and he was driving his mom nuts. :) So I just took him with me. While we were sitting there, I asked him some random questions.

Me: Charlie, what do you want to be when you grow up?
C: A Care Bear
Me: Okay.....what is the first thing you want to do when you get to the beach next week?
C: Make a lot of mud! Well, and kiss Harper's face off.
Me: What do you look forward to the most on your first day of kindergarten?
C: All the cool things! Well, it's like college, but at college, there aren't a lot of cool things like Care Bears and Transformers. College is boring. One time I had to go to college with Mommy when she taught at college. I just sat under her desk.
Me: Oh yeah....isn't that when you pooped your pants?
C: MELODY! You aren't supposed to say that! Anyway, it was only a little bit.

That kid....

Harper being cute after dinner last night.
Riding on Max. They are best friends!
Today is Friday! Hallelujah! Can I get an amen?!
Harper showing her mad hula hoop skills during fun-fit class at work.
My sister and her family joined Bodyworks (the gym where I work) so we took the kids swimming this afternoon. There's a pretty sweet indoor water park and also an outdoor pool. I love this place! Harper was a fish! I finally found a floating device that will actually work for her. She's so teeny, and it's been so hard to find something. We have been through a life vest, single chamber arm floaties, a puddle jumper (which is awesome but a little too small/light for it right now) but finally got some double chamber floaties which worked great! It's really hard to find something for an almost 2 year old who barely weighs 20 lbs!

Seriously with the cuteness! These pj's were some hand-me-downs from a friend. Aren't they SO cute?!
She even let me paint her toenails tonight! In the past, I would have to paint them while she was asleep.
As I type, Michael, Harper, and I are snuggling in our bed watching Gnomeo and Juliet. She's definitely ready for bed, but since we don't need to wake up early, I'm hoping she'll sleep late!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I know we will! There will be a lot of packing and hopefully some resting at some point. Michael leaves for a conference in San Diego on Sunday. Harper and I are leaving with my sister and her kids to head to my mom's house in La Grange then Galveston for Cousin Camp 2011!

1 comment:

~she~ said...

Now, those are what I call pajamas! I wouldn't even be mad if you took her to the grocery store in those!!!