Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ok, so here is the story....

After school yesterday, I notified my principle I had to leave right away to take my puppy to the vet. No emergency...he just needed to get his shots, and I didn't have an appointment. I walk out to my truck to get the two car seats out that I borrowed for my nieces from two teachers. Hmmm....where are my keys? Yeah, that's right...locked in the front seat of the truck. I have a 5th grade boy break into the back window with a screwdriver, and I am on my way to Lubbock. I am almost to the vet, and my friend Jo called to see if I can swing by her house later to fill out a reference form for her. Major gets his shots, and the doctor does a skin scrape of the side of his face. Mites. Gross. $88 later, we are out of the clinic.

On my way to Jo's, I turn around to check out where that smell was coming from. Yep, Major puked all over the back seat of my car. (by this point, I had switched vehicles with Michael because I simply hate his crappy truck) I immediately start gagging and make it to Jo's house. She kindly gives me paper towels and Clorox wipes. I started to clean up Major's puke while I proceed to throw up all over Jo's carport. Awesome. I finish up cleaning the car and ask Jo if she has a water hose to wash my puke off the cement. Embarrassed for me yet? Thought so. She has a water hose, but it is in her outdoor storage closet. I drag the hose out, clean the carport off, and I am on my way.

I get home and Major makes 2 neat piles of puke on the living room carpet. I left it for Michael to clean up after he get home :) So how was your Monday?

7 comments:

The von Minden Family said...

GROSS!!! Poor Mel....

April L. said...

Better than yours!

Amy said...

Oh wow. This is why I don't have a pet. I'm barely willing to do that kind of stuff for Charlie, let alone an animal.

Grammy Forest said...

That is why I never wanted indoor pets. I had enough poop and puke from all you kids, and of course myself while pregnant......and now you KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY!

Meredith said...

Yuck Mel. Hang in there!!!

The Brackeens said...

Wait a second...I just read a comment on Meredith's blog, and came over to find a post on yours...Am I missing something??? No post? Or am I confused?

The Brackeens said...

You are too funny. I am almost 37 weeks and ready to pop. I'll be watching your blog closely... :)